CLB’s Employment and Training department ensures that all consumers who are visually impaired or blind who want to be employed have the skills, resources and necessary training to obtain a job and achieve success in the workplace. CLB trains and hires individuals who are blind and visually impaired for work through our contracts with the federal government.
Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind has been assessed and approved by QAS International to the following management systems, standards, and guidelines:
CLB has 10+ years in delivering services to the Federal Government. We are a competitively priced service provider, committed to quality and providing outstanding customer service. CLB maintains an active Facility Security Clearance and employee Personnel Security Clearance through DoD’s Defense Security Services (DSS). We are an AbilityOne agency through the National Industries for the Blind.
Our core competencies include:
- Administrative Support Services
- Alternate Format Center
- Braille Production
- Contact Center Services
- Document ScanningSome of our clients include:
- Andrews Air Force Base
- General Services Administration
- Health and Human Services
- US Department of Education
- US Department of Justice
- US Department of State
- US Department of Treasury
- US Department of Veterans Affairs
CLB is a partner in the AbilityOne Program. The mission of AbilityOne is to provide employment opportunities for people who are blind or have severe disabilities in the manufacture and delivery of products and services to the federal government.
Benefits to the Federal Government
- Quality products and services, on-time delivery
- Fair market prices, best value procurement
- National network of solutions providers
- Program beneficial to overall economy
- Double Bottom Line- helping people help themselves
Benefits to the Blind or Severely Disabled Worker
- Access to CLB government job opportunities
- Wide range of employment opportunities
- Long-term work experience
- Marketable job skills
- Equitable wages and benefits
- Chance to advance
- Measure of independence
For more information on our government contracts, please contact Ron Lenard at 240-737-5100 or email@example.com.